The T´au Empire is spreading, its boundless ambitions yet to be checked. Although world after world has been subsumed under their control, the T´au believe it is only the start of their new unified order, the first steps of a long journey that will end in a better existence for all. In their hearts they know it is their destiny to bring the light of truth to a galaxy drowning in darkness, and none have the right to deny their progress across the stars. If resistance is encountered, negotiations are swiftly and aggressively replaced with a purely military solution.
Codex: T´au Empire contains a wealth of background and rules - the definitive book for T´au Empire collectors. Within the 136-page hardback, you´ll find:
- A New Empire Dawns: an introduction to the T´au Empire, their attitude toward rapid expansion and the caste system of their society;
- The Rise of the T´au: an overview of the incredibly quick evolution of the T´au, and the sudden arrival of the Ethereals;
- Art of War: the ancient tactical philosophies and customs still in use by T´au warriors, and their applications to interplanetary warfare, including the arts of Kauyon and Mont´ka:
- A Destiny to Rule the Stars: the story of the T´au Empire’s expansion into the wider galaxy, including descriptions of their first contact with the Imperium, and details of the Septs of the First, Second and Third spheres of expansion;
- A map of the T´au Empire’s territories at the time of the Fifth sphere of expansion;
- The language and culture of the T´au, with a guide to names and their alphabet;
- Descriptions of the T´au Empire’s military organisation, including an example expeditionary force, markings for 21 Septs and examples of team, helmet and battlesuit markings;
- Example colour schemes for 12 Septs;
- A timeline of major events and battles in the T´au Empire’s history;
- Background on each unit available to a T´au Empire army;
- A showcase of beautifully painted Citadel miniatures, with example armies featuring everything from individual images of models to battle scenes on terrain.
Everything you need to get a T´au Empire army primed for games of Warhammer 40,000 is in here:
- 38 datasheets providing rules for every T´au Empire unit and miniature;
- Army abilities reflecting the T´au Empire’s methods of war on the tabletop;
- Arsenal of the Empire: wargear both ranged and close-combat for use by the T´au Empire;
- Points values for all miniatures, weapons and wargear for use in Matched Play games;
- Supremacy Through Unity: rules for Battle-forged armies, including:
- 25 unique Stratagems, including 6 specific to the following Septs: T´au, Sa´Cea, Vior´la, Bork´an, Dal´yth, and Farsight Enclaves
- 6 Sept Tenets: special rules for each of the following Septs: T´au, Sa´Cea, Vior´la, Bork´an, Dal´yth, and Farsight Enclaves;
- 6 unique T’au Empire Warlord Traits, along with 6 additional Sept-specific traits - 1 each for T´au, Sa´Cea, Vior´la, Bork´an, Dal´yth, and Farsight Enclaves Septs;
- Signature Systems: 12 pieces of bleeding-edge weapon and artefacts, technology available exclusively to the T´au;
- 6 unique Tactical Objectives.